Monday, October 27, 2008

Blueberry Muffins!



I really like this recipe. Not too sweet and packed full of blueberry's. Also I usually buy organic blueberry's because they seem more juicy, and when you bake then all the juices seem to come out and make them more delicious. (but that could be just me). Anyways, I usually subsitute white sugar for brown sugar in a lot of my baking recipes, brown sugar just seems richer. So here's the recipe! (I found it on All Recipes.com)
(O and it makes about 8-10 servings, depending on how full you fill the cups)

1 1/2 c Flour
3/4 White Sugar (I subsituted for Brown Sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 c milk (I added about 1/4 c more to mine)
1 c fresh blueberrys
1/2 white sugar (or Brown sugar)
1/3 c flour
1/4 c butter
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon.

1) Oven 400, line muffin cups
2) Combine 1 1/2 c flour, 3/4 c sugar, salt and baking powder. Place veg. oil into a 1 c measuring cup. add the egg ad enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in Blueberry's. Fill muffin cups to the tip top, and springle with crumb topping.
3) Now for the crumb topping i did it a bit different, but i think its just person preference. I'll just give you what they did though...
Mix together 1/2 c sugar, 1/3 c flour, 1/4 c butter and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix with fork and sprinkle on muffins before baking.
4) Bake 20-25 min or until done.

2 comments:

Erik said...

I'd just like to vouch for the muffins. They're amazing, I ate one about two hours ago. And then I ate another.... and another just a minute ago... and.... they're... deliciously happy and fresh and soft and sweet and good and full of texture and life and all of the good things in the world.

Rachel Teran said...

Okay so I am going to buy those cookbooks. ANY fun cookbooks, you must tell me about. I have the better homes one.. yum!! :)